Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Jack | 7 months

[some statement about how the time is flying by...]  What a fun stage we're in.  :)
New this past month:

1.  His first wasp sting.  So, so sad!  I've been impressed with how tough he is though!  As soon as I picked him up he stopped crying (I probably would have cried for the next hour.)

2.  Starting shots.  I'm kind of a hippie, but in moderation... so we are doing a slightly different immunization schedule.  I think vaccinations are a REALLY great thing, and I'm glad that we have them... but I'm also not excited about a little, bitty, brand new baby getting them.  SO we started at 6 months instead.
He thought the paper you sit on at the Dr.'s was pretty fun.
3.  Pushing up to his knees and rocking!!!!!!!  WHA?!?!  Doing the "leaf bug" as my friend Amy would say.  We weren't ready for this.  Jack you're getting so big!
4.  Going to the beach for the 1st time! He thought salt water tasted great.
5. Jack kisses :). Sweet baby sugars that make your cheek wet. Corey didn't believe me that this was actually what he was doing, but it so is. He will copy you after you give him a big smackeroo on the cheek. Super sweet!

6. Trying out the sippy cup.
7. Putting the paci in his mouth by himself.

8. Eating: banana, potato, peaches, green beans.  He's got quite the appetite these days.
9. Attempting to eat puffs. It's not about nutrition, just working on that hand-eye coordination.

10. This new unnamed face. He scrunches up his nose and blows out his nose in a puffy way.  Not sure what it means yet.
11. Barely spitting up any more! You can finally see his clothes b/c he doesn't wear a bib 24-7.

12. Becoming a Momma's Boy. This month he's started to get a little worried if someone else is holding him and I walk away or leave the room.

13. Being "fragile" when he wakes up. He needs some extra loving in the morning and after a nap.

14. Being a wild man the minute I start to make dinner. Poor Corey. No matter how peaceful and perfect the rest of our day was, we're both a wreck by the time he gets home.  The best yet was the evening that the stove caught on fire while I was cooking.  Corey said that he wishes we had that phone call on a recording.  I'm thankful we don't.

15. Doing advanced Yoga moves. (at least for his age). We fully expect him to take off crawling tomorrow.
16. Going from all 4s to a sitting position.

17.  Riding side-saddle in the Maya wrap.

18.  Grabbing EVERYTHING.  Sometimes I am exhausted from trying to keep things out of his reach.  He has cobra fast snatch 'em skills.  He sees it, hesitates briefly while calculating distance and strike zone, and then in the blink of an eye he's got it.... napkins, grocery lists, the peanut butter jar with the lid off, chicken salad, the puddle of ketsup on my plate, laundry that had been folded just moments before.

19.  Arriving at the place where he doesn't cry when you lay him down for a nap.

20.  We think that his hair has gotten longer.

21.  Boring Stats:  sz. 3 diaps.  6-9 clothing.  nurses 4 times a day.  2.5 naps... sometimes just 2.  8ish oz. of solid food.  sleeps 11ish hours at night.

"Official" 7 Month photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment