9 months??? Really? That seems to be getting a little too big too fast.
This month's chalkboard photos were even more difficult. I'm lucky to have gotten the few that I managed after 3 takes. This boy is BUSY. Here he is helping with set-up:
Hoping a book would keep him put for 10 seconds...
so far so good...
and he notices the chalkboard
chalkboard is down
chalkboard is getting a stomping
we reset.... to no avail
an attempt at a standing photo with the chalkboard. This is about as good as it gets. (sigh)
New this past month:
1. Waving "bye, bye." and it's pretty adorable, believe me.
2. Busy, busy, busy. I've got a new shadow following me around. Wherever I am, there he is too... and usually making a mess.
3. He has decided that he no longer likes avocado. What's not to like?
4. SAYING HIS FIRST WORDS!!!!! "bye-bye" He said it clear as day to me and my mom. We about died. He's added "Da-Da" as well, and "duh" for duck.
5. Doing a little self-feeding. (as in finger foods) So big! He's still not self-cleaning though...
6. Staying in the nursery at church for the first time. It was definitely harder for me than for him. Not because I didn't trust the nursery workers, but once I saw all the other kids and fun toys I felt like I was missing out! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to watch him interact with other babies and play.
7. A few of his hairs are getting longer... and they look just a little bit curly :)
8. We're working on baby sign-language. Now that he says "bye-bye" he's started trying to use it for other things... like when he's finished eating. So smart. :)
9. Cruising. Is that the proper term? He hangs onto things while shuffling along. He lets go for a few seconds here and there to stand as well. (it won't be long!)
10. He has several favorite toys this past month: a ball that his Great "Meemaw" gave him. He goes nuts rolling it and chasing it around the apartment squealing in delight. He also loves his play table. He dances to the music and it makes my heart glad to watch. :) He also LOVES my keys. When we go to check the mail or head out to the car he is the "keeper of the keys." He snatches them from me instantly and is usually reluctant to return them.
toy vs. not a toy
11. Jaws. 2 new chompers coming in up top. At 9 months he has 3.5 teeth.
12. We've noticed this before (like when he was 3 months old and starting to reach out for things) but it's looking more and more like he's gonna be a lefty...13. He started to pick-up the relationship of "no-no" and shaking your head, but he doesn't quite get the meaning just yet... or maybe he's playing like he doesn't understand??
9 months photo finish:



















No comments:
Post a Comment