Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

# 3

For personal documentation:

5 weeks-  dec 2nd I take a courtesy test, b/c there's like no way I'm pregnant... OMG.
Excited.  Nervous.  maybe a little scared.  Feeling pretty committed at this point.  Called Corey immediately b/c I needed to shock someone else.  His reaction?  "Are you sure??? How many tests did you take?"  realization that I will be a hot mess through the summer b/c I'm due in AUGUST.

6 weeks- SO TIRED.  Usually in the evening.  I want to go to sleep at 8:30.  Some days naptime is for naps.  Banana Peppers- load up that turkey sandwich.

7 weeks- so tired.  And waking up twice to pee every night.

8 weeks- so very tired.  Life seems overwhelming.  I feel like the only 2 things I can do is make sure that me and the kids sleep and eat.  There is no energy for anything else... cleaning...organization...wearing something other than pajamas.  Lots of naps

Week 9. PIZZA!  Snow skiing.  Still tired, but kind of coming out of it.


Week 10:  more energy, but still taking a nap here and there.  We got to hear the heartbeat!  187-192 BPM. I made a special trip one night to Guraldis at 8pm to get pizza bread.

Week 11: random moments of exhaustion then a little bit of normalness. Ready for some more energy.  99% sure I felt the baby move one night right as I got still.  Crazy!  I'm pretty sure there was no mistaking it- I've felt it before (just not this early!)  So neat!  I still want pizza.  And my pants are getting tight.  I would say I'm officially showing already.  Mercy.

12 weeks!  How did we get here already?  Still kinda tired, but not as bad.  Have felt 1-2 other flutters of movement!  I'm wondering if it's twins?  They run in the family.

13 weeks:  still tired here and there... but forgetting that I'm pregnant.  Except for the fact that I look like I'm 18 weeks pregnant.

14 weeks: Coming out of the extreme tired and entering into just low-energy.  Out of necessity for survival I have been drinking one caffeinated beverage a day.  I didn't realize that I was doing this until I went a day without caffeine and experienced my first ever caffeine headache!   whaaaa???

15 Weeks: egg rolls.  I want one.  I am feeling all kinds of flutters here and there- so exciting!  I really feel like I'm further along than expected OR we are having twins or something.

16 weeks- we skipped it b/c at my prenatal appointment I measured 17 weeks

17 weeks- it's a BOY!  Much to my surprise!  I am wrong every. single. time.  


18 weeks we had a gender reveal party with family b/c Corey's parents were up- so fun!  Loved having everyone there to celebrate.  Also this week, a complete stranger aknowledges my baby bump.

19 weeks
Finally starting to recover from a 2 week cold/cough

20 weeks
Corey felt the baby kick!  Most impressive

21 weeks I have had so many ailments.  The cold that lasted forever, pink eye, a cough that kept me up all night, a stomach bug that laid me out for 3 days, and straining/bruising/cracking a rib from coughing so hard.  :(. So ready to be better!

22 weeks you can now SEE the baby move!

23 weeks This baby is moving SO MUCH.  We might have finally decided on a name?  Burk?

24 feeling pretty good for a pregnant person

25 weeks. Hiccups!!!!  Sweet tiny baby ones

Weeks 26-30.  Nesting and somewhat of an energy boost.  Feeling breathless almost daily.
28 weeks:
 33 weeks:


Week 30.  Starting to feel large.  Once a day I crash on the couch for an hour or more.  Curious George is a popular guy around here.  Experiencing heartburn.

Weeks 30-40 I am so over this being pregnant thing.  HA!  The last 10 weeks:
- baby brother moves SO MUCH.  SO. MUCH.  Corey and I call it "Burkalating"
- other people notice my belly moving.
- Burk likes to push his feet with all his might and you can see the contour of his little booty poking up.
- I got devastatingly tired.  Nancy recommended multiple supplements and I finally found a balance that actually made me able to enjoy life again!
- Corey and I busied ourselves with projects.  finishing trim, painting on the den, working on the nursery, etc.
- at 38 weeks I scrambled to get all of the really important things done and Claira took our maternity photos
- between 40-41 weeks Burk was born!








.

No comments:

Post a Comment