Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

boo not feeling good

So... it's like 4:30am.  Why am I up?  CAN'T SLEEP!!!  ugh.  This heartburn thing is the worst!  For real.     We had community group tonight and I wondered if anything I ate was going to kill later.  It did.  Even "sleeping" propped up in a sitting position with a ton of pillows I still "woke-up" with heartburn.  BAD.  Bad enough that I got out of bed to come google some natural remedies.  I didn't really find anything.  I wasn't sure which ones were safe for the baby and the others we just don't have here at home.  Over the weekend I got desperate and took a TUMS and then threw it up.  I was desperate again tonight so I went in search of the TUMS and then ended up running to the bathroom to throw-up sans-TUMS.   *side note- I hate throwing up... who does enjoy it though, really?  What in the world is going on?!  I assume my body knows what it's doing because I do feel some relief now, but still!  We are in the second trimester now... why all the yucky?  (especially when there was no yucky in the first trimester.)  I guess I should be very thankful that I am having all of these symptoms and that I "feel" pregnant.  I think I'm already getting practice for nights where I don't get to sleep as well.  : )  I'm wondering how long this phase is going to last though.  This might be the longest 6 months of my life if I don't get some relief.  I'm also thinking how can I be that careful about what and how much I eat from now until December?  I had such a hodge podge of food at group, I don't even know who's to blame for tonight's spell.  Does this mean our child is going to be a picky eater?  Several ladies at school told me that this meant our kiddo is going to have a full head of hair.  (Hopefully this means that they will take after me and it will be blond and curly too ; ).
Alright.  I think I'm going to try to retire and prop myself up somewhere in the house and at least close my eyes.  Good night.

2 comments:

  1. I so hope you have a lil blondie with curls! I can't wait to meet the little one :) Congrats Callie pants!! We need to catch up soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may be done with this heartburn, but if not, i suggest tums {if you can keep them down} and zantac. i have lived off of those all of my pregnancies. this one has been so bad that they gave me a prescription that i take every day and is a miracle drug. hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete