Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Growing up!

     I think it's official now, I'm an adult!  HA!  Yesterday I went with my friend Amy and bought big-girl make-up for the first time.  : )  (Yes, I'm 25 years old.)  All of my Wal-mart stuff left over from college finally ran out at the end of this school year.
     Investing in "nice" make-up is quite intimidating.  If Amy hadn't come with me I probably would have retreated after spending 5 minutes in Sephora.  There are WAY too many options.  It's also a big commitment.... financially and whatever product you choose you will use for the next 2-3 years- so you gotta like it!  Normally make-up is not something that I want to spend my hard-earned money on, however I received a nice little (definitely little) end of the year bonus from my teaching job. woo-hoo! I decided it was like the school district saying to me, "Hey, you worked hard as a teacher... why don't you go pamper yourself and get some new make-up!" (and I said, "yes please!")  I also justified it by taking the price of each product and then I considered how many months/years it would last.  Hey, now looking at it from that angle makes it all worth it!
     I am in love with my new stuff!  I got a bare minerals starter-up kit of foundation powder and all the cool brushes.  I also got some new eye shadow, and brace yourself,  LIPSTICK!  ahhh!  I never thought the day would come that I would wear lipstick.  Up until this point I have only worn chapstick like a 5th grader.  :)  haha!  I had fun putting it all on this morning.  The new brushes make me feel like I'm painting.  I actually have more talent now for applying make-up with all of the right tools.
   I know this is all silly, but I think it's all amusing.  This whole being an adult thing is pretty fun.  First it was wanting to hang up some ferns, then I discovered that I was in charge of Corey's wardrobe, and now big-girl make-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment