Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Registering....
Today is a big day. Going to register at Target for baby things. I have been somewhat dreading this. I was super excited when it was finally time to register for wedding things, but knowing what I know now... I am aware that this is going to be a difficult decision-making process. The scary thing is I don't even know what I need... and I am aware of the fact. I had somewhat of a clue when registering for wedding stuff... but baby stuff is a whole new ball game. I need a tutorial! I don't even know what some of these things are, what they do, why I would even want them. Didn't prairie people just have blankets and some sort of baby-wearing device? What all is really necessary? I think I've walked through the baby aisles at Target a dozen times just trying to size this stuff up before "the big day" when I would actually register. I am doing one smart thing... I'm leaving Corey at home. Registering for baby stuff together would be like the blind leading the blind. Kitchen stuff was hard enough. I also know that he will not be able to withstand how long it will take for me to make each decision. (my brain runs slower these days) I am bringing mom along. She's still in the "know" because she does foster care, so all the new products that weren't around when I was wee-babe don't scare her. My biggest fear is that come January or February I will regret the decisions I make today. I still have regrets about wedding registry decisions we made. For instance, I was a college person so I registered for the cheapest of everything... not realizing that we would need knives that were of better quality than $12.99 and that some adult with a real job who appreciated cooking and knew that we needed nice knives would be willing to spend more than $12.99 to hook me up. I also wish that I had gone behind Corey's back and zapped a waffle iron. Maybe i will ask for one for Christmas this year... pancakes are getting old. He claimed that we would inherit his grandmother's waffle iron, but Lindsey (his sister) got married a few months before us and we think she may have gotten to it first. (not that my brother-in-law would let them eat waffles- ha! He's kind of a health nut.) We also completely overlooked a butter dish. I should probably spend $2.50 and get one today... what has been stopping me?! Hopefully all goes well. It's encouraging to know that the baby section is a lot smaller than all of the wedding registering home section. Not knowing whether or not we're having a boy or girl also helps... everything that is either pink or blue is eliminated and the one yellow duck item is now my only choice. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment