Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jack | 1 month old


Oh my goodness.  My baby is one month old.  This is going to go by too fast.  These days I don't have time to write in complete sentences, so here is a list of randoms from Jack's 1st month... complete with pic.  (cutie)


Things we want to remember about his first month:

Corey and I taking turns staying up all night the 1st two nights because we were scared to leave him unattended.  (bad idea... we were super sleep deprived.)

Sometimes he snores when he sleeps.  We call it "sawing sticks" because he's not big enough to saw logs yet.

Zombie mode: when he's really out- his arms dangle, his mouth is open, and he goes completely limp.

The surprise explosion that you can never predict.  It usually happens as soon as you open the diaper on the changing table.  The best one yet covered the wipe warmer a little over 1 foot away.  impressive.

Suctioning out his boogers and wiping them off with my finger... and why that doesn't gross me out. (?)

Taking pics of him in his newborn outfits b/c I'm sad that he's growing out of them so fast.

Crying on the second day after he was born b/c I thought about the fact that one day he will be in high school and I don't want him to grow up too fast.  (hormonal? perhaps.)

I asked Corey what we were going to do if he started growing up too fast on us.  His reply, "We'll just have to squish him.... and we won't buy him any bigger clothes."  (goldfish theory)

The 5 S's that will save your life: Swaddle, Side, Swing, Shhh, Suck.

Our baby burrito.  He L.O.V.E.S. the swaddle.  He will complain if you forget to wrap him up.

Our 1st big outing: New Heights Christmas Eve Service.

Getting in bed at midnight or later no matter how hard we try.

Starting the day no earlier than 10:00am... usually 11:30 or noon.

Jack teleporting everywhere he goes b/c the car puts him to sleep.  as well as riding on top of  any shopping cart.

Signals that he's hungry: smacking of the lips, the bob-cat hiss fuss cry, and then baby bird reflex.

Waking up in the middle of the night thinking that I had been nursing him... and then frantically looking in the bed for him.  Then realizing that he was in his bassinet all along.

Corey and I not wanting to give him a pacifier... then we finally gave in.  We felt a little guilty, but then we thought he looked super cute sucking on it and didn't feel as bad about it.

Dressing him: trying to get those chicken wings through the arm holes.

Feeling like you won the lottery when he smiles at you.

The way he stares at lights like a bug.

Jack attacks: blow out on changing table, peeing everywhere as you try to get the new diaper on, soaking his last clean outfit b/c we currently don't have a laundry facility, and then spitting up everywhere as you try to clean off the changing table.  We are no match.

The way he looks like the hamburgler in his striped beanie.

His current aliases: "Jack-Jack", "Jack-a-poo Jackson", "Jack Attack"











1 comment:

  1. Great update! My nickname for him is Jackster. I have no idea why but it seems to be what I call him!

    ReplyDelete