Here are this month's happenings:
1. Jack is one happy dude. He no longer randomly smiles for no reason, now he'll smile at you whenever you talk to him. It makes you feel kind of special or something. :) We think he might have laughed a time or two as well. It's not really a giggle, but a very amused happy baby noise while smiling.
2. Tummy time is even more exciting. He's getting so strong. He holds his head up really well and occasionally will rollover. (much to our delight)
3. Due to the unseasonably warm weather Jack has gotten to go on a lot of walks this winter. He's put multiple miles on the stroller now.
4. The biggest news this month is that Jack is now sleeping in his crib! I'm not sure if he even noticed. :). On some nights he goes 7- 7 1/2 hours in between feedings! I've never been more excited to be woken up @ 5:30am.
5. He's growing overnight. Literally. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I think, "oh my gosh he's even bigger than he was yesterday!" He's now wearing size 2 diapers and he's grown out of all his 0 to 3 month clothing. Slow down Jack! We can't afford to update your wardrobe every month. I found a package of unused newborn diapers the other day and I cannot fathom that his hiney used to be that tiny. I miss him being that small. It happened so fast I can barely remember that stage. I hardly knew him then.
6. This month his hair grew back... If you can call it that. It's more like fuzz. :) I especially like it after he has a bath. It stands completely on end.
7. New this month too ... He fusses when he's tired and can't get comfortable. He wants to be laying flat on his side, in your arms or his bed.
8. Jack can also carry on a conversation now. He coos... well, actually he "goos," and chirps when you talk to him. There is no telling what all he's been saying. I pretend like I know. He is particularly chatty when Corey and I are having dinner. He sits in his swing beside us and just carries on.
9. Jack has also been sitting in the bumbo seat. He likes being in the middle of dinner preparation.
10. He still likes to be swaddled. I'm slowly trying to wean him from that so that he's not still needing to be swaddled at age 16.
11. He still planks and wants to be standing. He now rides in the Moby wrap with his legs dangling down. (I discovered this as an option after several attempts at carrying him standing in it.) This boy rarely bends.
Now for pics from his 3 month photo shoot. We decided to do some of all of us together. We're getting good with the tripod. :) These pictures are so special to me. I'm glad that we take the time to do these things.



















Callie- this is precious! I'm so behind on my blogging! I laughed at so many of your comments on Jack though because we can relate so much- Paisley loves sitting in the Bumbo in the middle of dinner making, she also is starting to laugh and giggle, and we too are trying to wean from the swaddle- annnndddd it's rough! Can't wait to meet Jack in person! Oh- and you photography skills make me jealous ;)
ReplyDelete