Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend

I feel like enough happened this past weekend to warrant a blogpost.  (or at least we took enough pictures I should probably do something with them.)

1.  Saturday morning we enjoyed breakfast at Rick's as a family.  Jack had his first sausage roll and a couple of donut holes.  Delicious!
2.  We then headed to the Barber shop to get Jack's very first haircut!  (Love his curls, buuuutt he's been looking slightly Joe-Dirt-ish lately with his mullet.)  He was slightly worried, but holding the keys helped.  (He LOVES keys.)
3. Saturday afternoon Corey and I sanded the buffet/hutch that I plan to add to our dining area.  It was covered in white crackle paint and was a beast to sand.  Fingers crossed we'll get this piece finished before baby #2 arrives.
4. I threw Corey a Bday party with friends at our casa Saturday night and this is the only photo to document it.
5.  Corey's actual birthday was on Easter and I made him a cheesecake.
6.  We hunted eggs and it was a hoot.  (note:  Jesus is the reason for the season.)
7.  Also fun to note, Mason (my brother) and Hayley (sister-in-law) are having a baby!!!  Hooray!  They announced it on April fool's day, but it really is true.  ;)
8.  Speaking of April Fool's day, but out of order chronilogically, we pulled the best prank we've ever thought of on my Dad this year.  (Those were locked to his car all day ;)
9.  Sunday evening we took our Easter photo.  We might have started a terrible tradition of taking a family Easter photo every year.  I say terrible, because after a long day it's really hard to find something in bloom and take a pic with it and everybody look their best.  Especially those of us who are 9 months pregnant.
We scored some fun pictures of Jack in a flower patch while we were at it.  He was so entertained by opening Easter eggs.  To his delight he did find a chocolate mid-photo shoot and proceeded to peel and eat it.  :)
....and as if this blogpost isn't already heavy-laden with photos enough, I thought I'd include some Easter pics from last year for fun.  See, we have to take a pic every year now, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment