Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Charlotte | 3 months

another month gets away from me...
1.   Charlotte had her 2 month check up- weighing in at 12 lbs who-cares-how-many-oz-I-forgot.  Maybe if I look hard enough I can find the check-up sheet.  She came out in the 50% for height, weight, and head size.  This puts her at an all-american-average.
2.  Sister goes nuts when you put her in front of "the bug."  Jack loved this toy too.  She actually kicks it and reaches for it as well.  She's already grabbed ahold of the mobile on her bouncy seat too and made the music play.  I'm impressed.
3.  She is super-content.  The only time she's needy is between the time I put Jack down for bed and our bedtime.  (8:00-10:00)  This is lovely because I'm about spent by 7:30.  It's mostly just that after I feed her around 7:30-8:00 she is restless and can't sleep and then I end up feeding her an hour later... then she's out for the night.  This is fine... I believe it's just the cluster feeding before the long stretch at night.
4.  During the day she eats every 2.5-3.5 hours.  In the morning she will take a LOOONG nap and goes about 4 hours between eating.

5.  Consistently she eats before we go to bed and then doesn't eat again until 4:30-6:30.  This has been great.  I actually sometimes prefer 4:30 so that I get to go back to sleep, but if she does 6:00/6:30 that usually means I'm up for the day.

6.  SO SMILEY!!!!  I love it.  She is such a sweet baby.

7.  She holds her head up so well and has been hanging out in the Bumbo some.
8.  Boring stats:  she's still in size 2 diapers and 3 month clothing... but it won't be long
9.  A nickname is born.  There are some nicknames that I don't know where they come from.  I think this one evolved from me calling her "Chica" and now it has landed at "Cheeky-Cheeky" or just plain-ol "Cheeky."
10.  She's still in our bedroom in her bassinet.  I haven't been in a hurry to move her.  She's no nuisance to me.  In fact, I love rolling over in the middle of the night and peeking in at her.  Sleeping babies are about the most precious thing ever.  She sleeps really well... and maybe I'm sleeping really hard these days too- HA!  There are never any guarantees of baby #3, so I'm really soaking up and enjoying the time while she's still a tiny.  Or at least I'm trying to!
11.  She did lose a little hair on the back of her head.  Typical.  However, right at the tippey-top of the back of her head her hair is growing in longer than the rest of her hair.  It kinda resembles a little mini- "poof."

That's all for this month!  I love getting to know this baby girl.  Hopefully we'll take some "official" 3 month photo soon.  I'm hoping for a whole family shoot... but that's ambitious

No comments:

Post a Comment