Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Camping with the Jones

This was the first year since I graduated (college) that I haven't gone back to Ouachita for Tiger Tunes/ Homecoming.  It's the one time a year that I get to see my best friend Lindsay.  It didn't work out for us to meet on homecoming weekend, so we decided to do a get-together with both of our families somewhere 1/2 between Mexia, TX and Fayetteville.  We landed at McGee Creek State Park in Oklahoma.  3.5 hour drive for the Jones and about 4 hour drive for us.  We rented "huts" and did some comfortable "camping."
The "hut" was pretty nice!  Electricity and heat and air... bunk beds and a picnic bench, plus a screened in back porch!  It was definitely the way to "camp" with kids.  We had a charcoal grill, fire ring, and a tap for water outside.
Jack and his"'nack".  Plus hanging with Daddy.
It's been a long time since I've watched the sunset- so pretty!
Jack pointing out that there is water.
Back inside as we wait for the Jones' to arrive.  They had the charcoal so dinner was on hold.  We improvised and gave Jack a wienie to tide him over.  Lindsay and Kevin's 3.5 hour drive turned into 7 hours with Dallas traffic and getting lost.  :(
Not pictured, but we had a great time hanging around the fire after the kids went to bed.
Below, we drove the suburban- therefore we brought a wagon.  Because we could.
Good morning Lindsay!
Me and the childrens.  Surprisingly we all slept well.  I ended up sharing the bottom bunk with Charlotte.  (She had a pac-n-play, but that's just the way things turned out.)
Charlotte Faye in her warm suit.

While the manly men gathered firewood, Lindsay and I took the kids to a play area nearby.  Right as it was time for naptime the rain came down.  We sat on the back porch with Charlotte... who was not napping.  It was fun to listen to the rain and thunder, but we started getting cold after a while.  We ended up leaving after dinner b/c the weather never let up.  The Jones were leaving because Kevin had church the next morning and our kids were going to go to bed at 7:00pm anyway, so we loaded up.  It was fun though!  I want to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment