Oh dear. I'm not sure how I woke up and all of a sudden Charlotte is 5 months! This makes me a little sad.
1. She rolls! (from her back to her tummy)
2. She kick, kick, kicks in her bouncy seat and points her toes while she does it. She loves the bouncy seat. She favors her left leg, just kicking it up and down to make her bounce. She has the chubbiest little thunder thighs and tiny little feet.
best pic I could find of the thighs...
3. Charlotte loves watching her brother. She watches him like a hawk... usually from above and craning her neck to watch him all around the room. She chirps and shrieks in delight at him. I face them towards each other in the stroller to keep them entertained.
Here are a few pics of the 2 of them together...
Charlotte watching Jack
Papa makes the blog: stopping in on a lunch break
4. right here on the 5 month mark, Charlotte can do the tri-pod- so proud! It won't be long at all before she's sitting unassisted.5. I give Charlotte an A+ on tummy time. She is so strong! She really pushes up tall.
6. We moved her to her room this month. I cried. We attempted going all the way to the crib, but since she rolls over, she won't go to sleep. She just tummy times until she gets really frustrated and loses it. I switched her back to her basinet and she loves it.
7. She still barely takes a pacifier. I only use it at night and she usually spits it out before I walk out of her room.
8. She now eats every 4 hours... occasionally 3.5. We had to work a little bit to get an earlier bedtime. She was partying until Corey and I went to bed and I was beginning to feel like my candle was being burned from both ends. For a week or two we had this amazing groove going: eat at 7:30pm and be in bed by 8:00pm.... them wake up to eat at 12:30.... then I would wake her up around 7:00-8:00am to get her on schedule for the day. I think we hit a growth spurt this past week... or possibly teething because that has been out the window. I've been feeding her at 12:30 and 5:30am for several nights this week.
waking Charlotte up so that she'll go to bed earlier at night...
the babies. they are so sweet when they sleep.
9. Charlotte found her voice. Her cry used to be so soft. I don't even know how to describe it... she like pressed her lips together and cried a muffled-motor boat lip cry. and she blew bubbles. It was still sad. Even though we're in a 950 sq ft apartment I felt the need to use a monitor in order to hear her at night. When she gets upset now, make no mistake. She is most passionate about having her diaper changed in the middle of the night or occasionally when Jack and I leave her alone in a room.10. She's a happy little thing. So content. She spends a great deal of time strapped onto me in the maya wrap. We've been doing the "kangaroo carry" with her facing outwards this past month. She loves looking around... and watching Jack.
she also usually takes her evening nap in the wrap as we're playing outside, cooking dinner, or community grouping.
11. She still crunches hard-core, especially when in the car seat. She's been a little discontent to ride in the stroller whenever we go shopping. I think it's b/c she hates being reclined so far back... or maybe b/c she almost always poops when we're in Target or TJMaxx. (She poops on my parade, literally.) We're going to make the switch to the regular stroller seat soon.12. She's about ready for some cereal. At meals she watches the rest of us eat very intently. She sucks on her bottom lip while watching our forks go from our plates to our mouths. It's so pitiful. She's also started grabbing things. She's discreet about it. I look over- BOOM- she's got 15 napkins in her mouth.
13. although there aren't any teeth to show for it, I feel like the teething process has commenced.
14. Also new this month, she started spitting-up! It's still nothing compared to Jack.
15. Size 3 diapers. 3-6 mo. Clothing.














No comments:
Post a Comment