Coolest kid alive.
Try to make it all the way through this post because there is a grand photo finale at the end worth waiting for.
2. We've been reading "Good-Night Moon" a lot lately. The best part is him looking for the mouse, then finding it, then fake laughing at himself. ? Papa had something to do with this.
3. Speaking of Papa, another funny thing he does is every time we leave Aldi he looks at the big blown up photo above the exit with a smiling family and points to the man and says, "Papa!" HAHA! I always feel so rushed in there... like cattle being herded, but I managed to finally snap a pic to send to my dad .... I mean maybe my dad makes this expression a lot? HAAAAA!!!!
4. He's been playing a lot with stuffed animals lately.
5. He drives me bonkers with his shoes. He wants them on and begs me until I give in. I put them on... 1 hour later he's taken them off and is begging me to put them back on. (He usually does this 30 seconds after I get on the phone. she's taking a call....cue the shoe routine!) Oh, and the way he asks is "Iooonhel" (I want help)
6. Still loves cheese. As a test I let him sample every cheese that I cook with. He hasn't balked yet. We sat down together for a Gouda and cracker snack the other day.
7. He's been demanding a little more milk lately. I think he just likes having an opinion. I pour water in his cup. "No. mill" I pour milk. He refuses it. I ask him if he wants it warm or cold. "warr"
8. He is very well behaved at the grocery store. I get so many compliments (by the old folks) at Aldi on how good my kids act. I think the kids are just enamored with the outside world after staring at the walls of the apartment all day.
9. I have been prepping him for turning "2" and telling him the correct response for when someone asks him how old he is. It's not working. I'll say, "Jack, you're about to be two!" to which he responses, with vigor, "ONE!"
10. He can actually play on the equipment at the park and really enjoys it now. We visited the park a couple of times while the weather was still nice. Also to be noted, he finally swung on the swing and didn't hate it.
Current events as he is turning 2:
11. Snowmageddon 2013
12. We bought a house. We did a few more renovations than expected before moving in. We are still living among boxes. We had to postpone Jack's bday until after we move and celebrate Christmas. I'm looking forward to partying at our new place! Jack is holding the keys in this pic.
I really can't believe two years has gone by already! He has grown so fast! I feel like these are all cliche' things to say, but seriously. I can remember him as a baby and it hardly seems like it can even be the same person! I'm trying not to let myself be sad about it because there is really nothing I can do about him getting bigger, but at least I have photos and videos and blogposts to look back at and remember. Here are his official 2 year pics. I have yet to do the annual balloon photo because the helium tank is in the rafters of our shed.... alas, I'll get to it soon...
he reminds me of my brother in this one. school boy pose- ha!































No comments:
Post a Comment