Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

The First 2 Weeks

     I wanted to give an update on how we are doing over here.  I feel like I have dropped off the face of the Earth and lost all communication.  There are multiple people I would like to catch up with in detail, but there is no time for that!

     Overall, I'd say we are doing really well.  From what I have read, we might still just be in the "honey-moon" phase.  Ryan is a sweet, joyful little boy.  He is busy, curious, loud, smiley, happy.  Any behaviors he has that we might categorize as "bad" we have experienced with either Jack or Charlotte at this age... so we see it more as an age thing.

     Getting to see lots of firsts.  We aren't sure what all things Ryan has experienced previously to living with us, but we often feel like some of the things he is getting to do with us might be for the first time.  Regardless, they are the first time for him to experience them with us!  I consulted Corey, and our top 3 favorite things that we personally got to experience with him for the first time are:
1- swinging at the park.
2- playing in the creek
3- blowing bubbles in the backyard
All three of these things he shrieked and laughed and just lit-up!  His joy was contagious and fun to experience.

     What's it like having 4 kids? [under the age of 4]  It is much like what Jim Gaffigan the comedian said, "... imagine you're drowning.  And then somebody hands you a baby."  Haha! For reals.  I even have a baby.  I feel like from the minute I wake up until they go to bed I am treading water HARD.   I will say that each day gets a little bit easier.  It's crazy how you adapt.  You figure out routines and systems of doing things to make your life easier.  I'm still in the process, but every new life hack I discover feels like a merit badge.  There is a lot to juggle with 3 butts in diapers, 6 socks and 6 shoes to find and put on EVERY TIME you come in and out of the house or get in and out of the car- cuz you know they peel them off even if you are driving 5 minutes to the park, 3 sippee cups to keep up with, and then a baby who nurses every 2-2.5 hours. [insert bug-eyed emoji]   You can for sure continue to pray for us!  We all need extra grace with each other and ourselves.

     I also want to send out a HUGE thank you.  I feel terrible, because I want to write individual thank you's to everyone, but mercy!  I have so much to be thankful for and not as much time to sit down and write.  I have been so grateful to all of you who have listened to whatever the Holy Spirit prompted you to do.  So many times we have had needs met before I even knew we had the need.  God has used SO MANY friends and family to bless us in so many ways.  If we were to use a quilt analogy- so many have given a patch and now we have this huge blanket of provision.  Even just all of the encouraging words!  We have had complete strangers show us acts of kindness.  We have been blessed with: warm meals, take-out meals, frozen meals, diapers!, wipes, Weecare (preschool) openings, baby soaps, furniture, clothing, another part for our stroller!, money and gift cards, and 2 teenage girls right next door who love to help out in the afternoons.

#weredoingthis



    

No comments:

Post a Comment