Here's what happened between 16 mo.- 17mo.
1. At the beginning of the month I tried to spend a lot of quality time with Jack. We went to baby bookworms, we went on walks, we played outside, I tried out a few sensory/learning/play activities for toddlers that I saw on pinterest...
whole wheat flour. Let's be honest, I don't bake with this stuff.
we also fed him ice cream
3. He tucks his arms under and lays his head on your shoulder whenever you hold him and rock him.
4. He's using a fork or spoon to feed himself... kind of. It's a pretty good attempt. As if it didn't already take him forever to eat.
5. He's become a parrot. You can say, "Jack, say __________" and he will make his best attempt at it. He can now say "Jesus." HA! "Jack," "baby," "diaper"
6. Saying his name when you ask him, " what's your name?"
7. Climbing up in his high chair by himself.
8. Becoming a big brother. He gives his sister sweet kisses on the head without being prompted. I've been really impressed with the transition. I thought he would be jealous, but he's just curious and always wants to give her kisses on top of her head.
9. The week we welcomed Charlotte Jack figured out how to open doors. :/. Oh bother. At one point he stood on our couch leaned out and unlocked the deadbolt on our front door- geez!
10. Day one of me flying solo with both babes Jack gives himself a black eye on the bench in our living room. I'm not sure how exactly because I was loading the dishwasher when it happened. Poor baby. He got over it as soon as I picked him up and held him, but man... it looks bad. I promise I'm not having some terrible bout of postpartum... he really did do this to himself. ;) We refer to him as "big-bruiser" sometimes and now it's accurate.
11. Now that we have Charlotte I feel as if Jack has gained 20 lbs. and swelled. He looks so HUGE to me! I'm sure it has something to do with holding Charlotte throughout the day, but sometimes I really think he grew overnight. I mean, look how chunky he is...
12. This face. I think his Poppa taught him this.
random photos that didn't fit with a number:

















No comments:
Post a Comment