Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

My Pregnancy with Charlotte


Here's a little week-by-week recap of my pregnancy with Charlotte.  Having the blogger app on my phone sure is nice to document things on the go.

6 Weeks


















positive test.
Shocked.  Excited.  Nervous.
tired.
salting everything.
Restless sleep.

7 Weeks
Tired is an understatement.
I no longer like sweets.
HAMBURGERS.  :)
almost throwing up at the smell that wafted out of the milk refrigerator at walmart.  gag.
beginning to lose interest in food
still tired

8 Weeks
strange aversion to certain members of the diary family: butter, half and half, heavy whipping cream, milk, and yogurt.  I make amends for cheese and ice cream.
I'm a huge delicate impatient grouch.  I think this is largely because I am almost always either tired or hungry.
Taking morning naps with Jack.
MARINARA.  In desperate circumstances I made a pitza so that I would have something to have alongside my bowl of marinara.
Lack of energy/motivation to do anything at all.  Walmart is my Everest.

9 Weeks
While on a hike I could smell the deodorant, laundry detergent, or B.O. of every person that walked by on the trail.  (freaky)
I have the appetite of a ranch hand.
Here's a pic of me and Amy... pregnancies overlapping :)
10 Weeks
CAN'T. EAT. ENOUGH.
I'm eating Lean Cuisines as snacks in between meals.

14 Weeks
FINALLY!!!!!!  We heard the heartbeat!!!!!!
This little baby is shy.  :)
The heartbeat was fast, 170ish- 180ish.

15 Weeks
We finally make a public announcement

16 Weeks
I felt the first little flutter.  :)  It's so reassuring to feel the baby move.

20 Weeks
I finally take the first "baby bump" photo of this pregnancy.
Here's a side-by-side of 20 weeks with Jack and then 20 weeks with (we now know) Charlotte.
Corey said that I've aged.  HA!  Thanks Cor.

21 Weeks
Earl is back in our lives.  (my over-stuffed body pillow that causes Corey to "cliff hang" off his side of the bed)  Sleeping on my stomach is out.  I held out as long as I could.  Here's to 20 straight weeks of sleeping on my side...

22 Weeks
I gave up on trying to fit in regular jeans.  Stretchy pants here we come.
Most non-maternity tops are starting to feel a little breezy at the bottom.
I've started liking sweets again.  I think it has something to do with the holidays.
I've been feeling lots of movement, but Corey hasn't been able to feel anything yet.

23 Weeks
First time for a complete stranger to acknowledge that I'm pregnant.  YEA!  Moving out of that awkward-you-shouldn't-ask stage.

24 Weeks
Corey felt the baby kick for the 1st time!
25 Weeks
Babymoon to Orlando!  Good to get some time together as just the 2 of us.
Baby has been doing a dance in the womb.  Lot's of movement.

26 Weeks
EXTREME nesting.  Something has come over me.  MUST. ORGANIZE.

27 Weeks
Third trimester.  what?!

28 Weeks
Alright.  Starting to feel slightly uncomfortable.  It's hard to bend over and get things.

29 Weeks
experiencing a little bit of heartburn.  nothing like the last pregnancy though!  Drinking a sprite helps.

31 Weeks
This child is MOVING.  My goodness!  Just as busy as his/her big brother.

30 Weeks
wondering boy or girl?  I think I will be more surprised if it's a girl.

32 Weeks
felt the baby's hiccups for the 1st time :)

33 Weeks
Corey has taken to calling me "Big Willy."  (I'm not sure where he got this, but it makes me think of the whale in the movie Free Willy and I'm offended.)  I can't stop laughing enough to discourage this though.

34 Weeks
Labor isn't seeming all that bad anymore. I'm starting to countdown the weeks.
Corey has feminized "Willy" and I'm now going by "Willis"

35 weeks
Soooo tired. I have to budget my energy. I can only really do 3 things a day. If I shower and get ready that counts as one of my "things" I did that day.
Walmart almost kills me.
Green tea has become a regular habit to get through the day. A cup in the morning and a cup in the afternoon. I may become a tea drinker after this pregnancy.

36 weeks
I can feel a little baby booty now :). The baby is for sure head down and consistently I feel kicks in the same spot.

I have no real cravings and no aversions to any foods in particular. It's been nice. Last pregnancy I hated Mexican food, couldn't eat leftovers, and only wanted Italian.  I will note that I've been eating a ton of sweets here at the end of this pregnancy... but I don't think that's necessarily a pregnancy thing because I want sweets after every meal even when I'm not pregnant.  ;)


37 Weeks
Glorious boost of energy.  I'm in the final stages of hard-core nesting.  I made out a to-do-before-the-baby-gets-here list and I've been madly prioritizing and checking things off.  Somehow I did an entire painting start to finish during naptime yesterday.  not sure where that came from.  
I've been wanting a king-sized bed these last few weeks.  I am double-wide sleeping only on my side and that plus "Earl", my body pillow, are making things a little cramped.  I swear Corey is sleeping in the center, but he doesn't believe me.  I've also started experiencing Braxton and Hicks contractions.

38 Weeks
We finally take maternity pictures.  I feel like I look tired and huge in them.  Maybe it's because-
I. Am. So. Tired.  I've taken a nap every day this week.  
39 weeks
The dizzy, fainty, passing-out-feelings have passed- praise The Lord!
This happened last pregnancy too, but I'm becoming more jolly. When I laugh sometimes I laugh so hard I cry.
I'm also in complete denial that I'm going into labor sometime in the next 2 weeks. No one is pregnant forever, but it still doesn't seem possible right now.
I'm shamelessly running the AC and I've busted out the shorts.
I've been taking it easy, which has been really nice.  I'm almost out of projects to do.

40 Weeks
We're running out of womb.
I am ready to meet this little person!  It is going to be so exciting to find out if it's a boy or girl.  Who will be the new edition to our family?!

Having trouble sleeping...as if I'm not already never going to sleep through the night again.
Other people who are due after me are having their babies.
To add to my misery allergy season is upon us.
Please, someone else call, text, or ask me: "have you had that baby yet?"  Or call and ask if anything is happening yet.

41 weeks
Yes. We have reached that point. My fingers are swelling and I had to stop wearing my rings. Fortunately it's not sweltering outside, but I get hot so easily.  Moral is somewhat down. I'm starting to feel like I might be the first person to be pregnant forever.

... and Charlotte Faye is born! One day shy of 42 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment